How Does I Become a Partner?
Product of Tasmania manages and promotes a digital sales platform that is free to makers. When you Become a Partner, we will be able to buy your branded products wholesale, and promote you as a maker, business or brand. We also source ‘white-branded’ items. All makers and suppliers on this site are a part of a network, that together, helps each other to achieve more exposure, more customers. and more sales. It’s a genuine opportunity for Tasmanian makers to get their products online, without any technical involvement at all.
What sets Product of Tasmania apart from other sites?
Flat-rate Shipping whatever your order, Free Shipping orders over $100 (within Australia)
But it’s not just a focus on customers, and their easy gift-shopping experience, that sets us apart. We are here for makers, to support other Tassie businesses, to develop products and bring them to market, and to see all creative Tasmanians benefit from a global intrigue in our brand Tasmania. Product of Tasmania is here because of an idea, that started with an observation, quickly led to a fascination, then a belief, and eventually a passionately held core value;
We makers of Tasmania are uniquely inspired,
the quality of our Products is remarkable.
(1) Not a directory site
- Product of Tasmania is not a directory site (or as we say it, an INDIRECT-ory site). We support and promote Tasmanian makers for free, including featuring their brand stories, sharing links to their websites and more. If you become a partner, Product of Tasmania will select, purchase and market your products for itself, but forward other wholesale queries directly to you. We want all Tasmanian’s to realise success, just as we know our partners want us to succeed too. And we stick to what we know and do best, online retail.
(2) No advertising
- There is no advertising on our site at all! We do not offer suppliers to pay to display or feature their products differently than others. Our focus is strictly on customer experience. We want website users to find what they are looking for, and to have a positive experience. You will see shop search and other navigation evolve as more products are listed, and as finding them becomes more difficult. Customers don’t find things easier with a lot of advertising clutter in their way. We all know that a site user returning is awesome, but a site user bouncing is positively devastating.
(3) Become a partner and pay No Fees
- Product of Tasmania does not charge its makers and suppliers any fees to list their products, to prepare product images, to promote their business online, or for website hosting or maintenance. We cover all costs related to Google Search Optimisation (SEO). Our sales focus is on the products, how marketable they are, their durability etc, and of course that they are intrinsically Tasmanian.
You shouldn’t need a computer science degree to sell your quality products
(4) No 3rd parties
- We are not a 3rd-party (or sales facilitation) site like Etsy, Shopify or Ebay. Suppliers do not do any computer work to create or manage their listings, post products, or deal with customers. Become a partner, and we will take care of the entire process, from you finishing making the product, to its delivery at a customer’s door. Most makers like to help us with their profile page content, we encourage however it’s really up to you. So you can focus on what you do best, making quality products for the world!
(5) Locally owned and operated
- We are not a mainland or international company or business, we are completely Tasmanian owned and operated. Our philosophy is to promote all things Tasmania! Further, were are not a sole trader business, we are a Pty Ltd company, listed with ASIC and registered in Tasmania. If you become a partner, you will always deal with Tasmanian’s who know your challenges and understand your marketplace.
(6) No competition with suppliers
- Product of Tasmania does not compete with makers or other stockists on price! We don’t offer items at a lower price than our suppliers do, unless it is a promotion. We match the $RRP agreed with our makers and suppliers. Our philosophy is to compete on other factors like online promotion and targeting, and by communicating the genuine benefits of our products.
You should not need to compete with our site or your other stockists
(7) No Shopfronts
- We are not a shopfront business that happens to have a website. Hence we don’t pay rent. Instead we are a completely online only business. That’s why we believe we are an better option for makers and producers, compared to other retail businesses. We offer customers better value too.
(8) Not Just a Crafts site
- Product of Tasmania is not just a crafts site, nor are we just a premium or gourmet products site. We offer quality Tasmanian products from a variety of suppliers including talented makers alongside established and well-known products and brands. We are looking for Tasmanian made, beautiful, practical, desirable, and genuinely good quality, that is ready for the marketplace, and able to be reordered when our customers need more! In terms of individually handmade products, we think some variations can really highlight the indivuality of a gift or item. But only to a degree, as what the customer can see on our website, is what they should receive in the post.
(9) Purchasing and Wholesale Options
- We have now moved away from offering Consignment for makers. We offer our customers flat-rate shipping regardless of their order. To achieve this, we need to stock all listed products in our warehouse, ready for dispatch. All products are different, just like all suppliers and their businesses. We purchase stock based on the values sown here on our site. We offer maker-branded wholesale, and white-branded supply purchase options. It really depends on your situation, what is best for you and your business, if you are ready with a branding concept with packaging etc. Get in touch to discuss more, we would love to talk with you about your creations!
More than just a Gift Store
Gift Ideas, Something for Everyone
As an online gift shop, we operate in a highly competitive space. That is why our buying philosophy is, to be the Tassie gift shop that offers something for everyone!
What do you need?
- A Solid Brand Concept – a concept and logo that shouts what your brand stands for, suggests what your Tasmanian products are, and even explains what your unique brand concept is, all at a glance.
- Marketable Packaging – presentation is everything. You will need a great image for your packaging that is really eye-catching, but that also reflects Tasmania as a brand (ie: recyclable is great!)
- Reproduction Capacity – you need to be ready to take and fill orders, and to stock retailers. Put simply, you need to make the commitment to keep us stocked so we don’t miss out on sales.
There are a lot of quality products out there, but not all have a solid brand concept and marketable packaging. We look for products that offer a unique piece of Tasmania that is ready to sell online. Could this be you?
If you think your Tasmanian made product is ready for the next step into online selling, get in touch and give us some information about yourself, your brand and your products. Find out what you could achieve by selling online with us.
We Love ALL THINGS made in Tasmania
We showcase Tasmanian made products from talented makers alongside well known and established Tasmanian brands. To find out more, see our current brands and partners. Give it a go! Just complete the form below and submit as much information as possible about your product/s, your brand concept and your marketing/sales efforts to-date. Be sure to include your phone number too so we can get in touch.
What is white-branded?
If you don’t want to think about the marketing, or the branding, or even the packaging. Perhaps you’re time poor, or maybe you just like to spend your time on your lathe than the computer. There is a chance for you to sell you products UNbranded, essentially as raw materials. Product of Tasmania then takes that product to market by building value, packaging and promoting the product for retail sales. This is a good option for some makers, who still see an immediate reward when we make an order (rather than having to wait for sales on consignment).
Product of Tasmania: A gift shop with Something for Everyone!