The Bridestowe Lavender Estate Story
London perfumer CK Denny migrated to Tasmania with his family in 1921. Amongst his few possessions was a packet of lavender seeds from the French Alps. These were of the variety Lavandula angustifolia, the true French lavender. Tasmania offered a similar climate as well as conditions to the famous lavender regions of Provence. So the family began Bridestowe Estate.
The World’s Finest Lavender. No Processing, Just Distillation.
Over time, the Denny family achieved lavender oil production that was equal to the quality of the French oil, as well as being completely camphor free. They also adopted techniques to improve production and quality, such as the iconic and picturesque curved rows of lavender, designed to make better use of rainfall.
Bringing Bridestowe Back To Life
Bridestowe passed into corporate ownership when Tim Denny retired in 1989. The farm changed without the care and special attention of the Denny family.
In 2006 the owners took on the challenge of restoring the old farm to its former agricultural excellence. They were also focussed on reinvigorating visitors’ experiences. Bridestowe now sets a the standard for excellence in agrotourism. Each year over 50,000 visitors stroll through the stunning fields, which are set in one of the most photographed and enjoyed landscapes in Tasmania.
One of the most photographed landscapes in Tasmania!
This charming farm with lovely gardens as well as excellent facilities, are now a tribute to the cultural and also historic significance of the site. Guests wander through the purple fields and enjoy the unique dishes in the café. All while indulging in products made with the finest lavender oil in the world.
More about Bridestowe Lavender Estate
- Bridestowe Lavender homepage
- FaceBook page for Bridestowe
- Instagram page for Bridestowe
- Bridestowe on Pinterest
- Bridestowe on Twitter
- Product of Tasmania offers a great service, we support makers better, and we offer our customers great value too!
- Gift Wrapping options are available per item, or whole-cart. See your cart to manage.
- In Australia, enjoy Flat-rate Shipping whatever you order, or get Free Shipping (for orders over $100).
- Check International Shipping rates and Import Restrictions, as these vary depending on your country.
- All orders include standard tracking service by Australia Post, with notifications by email.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee applies to our products, read more in our Refund Policy.
- Check our past promotions for available discount codes, and sign-up for coming specials and promotions.